Support Worker Callington - Maternity Cover 30 hours p/w
£12,667.20 per annum (£8.12 per hour) plus excellent benefits. Temporary Contract - Maternity Cover - Until April 2018.
Join us as a Support Worker and help to make great things happen in the lives of adults with learning disabilities. This Role comes with full training, generous rewards, real career progression prospects and genuine job satisfaction.
Who we are
United Response is a leading national charity providing support to young people and adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs. We believe in championing the right of disabled people to live, work, socialise and participate in the community, free of discrimination and unnecessary boundaries.
Making it happen- Your Role
This is a responsible Role which is really varied, sometimes challenging and often fun. The job is all about giving people encouragement, guidance and support so they can live as independently as possible, make their own choices and do the things they enjoy.
On a daily basis, you may be involved in supporting three people in their own home with the following activities:
- Managing Finances
- Going on holiday/ Days out
- Travelling to and from work
Any many more!
We welcome people from all walks of life to apply for a job with us. We don't ask for specific qualifications or experience, just that you have the compassion and integrity to treat people with dignity and respect. You must be a car driver and hold a full driving licence.
Rewards and benefits
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays , pro rata for part time) , which increases after 3 and 5 years' service
- pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers