Major Maintenance Technician
Are you an experienced Maintenance Technician looking for an exciting new challenge with a leading business? If the answer is YES, we want to hear from you.
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and are one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Major Maintenance Technician to join our team, working across the South West region, 45 hours a week.
The Major Maintenance Technician Role
The Major Maintenance Technician is responsible for completing routine and non-routine in-frame rebuilds and de-cokes of the LFG and AD utilisation equipment. This will involve:
- Provide a fully comprehensive overhaul and repair for all the Power Gen portfolio of equipment.
- Attend site for scheduled planned shutdowns and conduct the job brief within the allotted time or better following OEM guide and industry best practice.
- Assist the Lead Major Maintenance Technician to identify, specify any unforeseen anomalies
- Assisting in ensuring Health and Safety and Environmental Legislation is adhered to on site
- Continuous development and improvement of engineering material supplies and procedures.
- Identification and resolution of problems, escalation to management in a timely fashion.
- When required assist with the induction and control of contractors, approving safe systems of work and ensuring they carry out their tasks completely and safely
The Ideal Major Maintenance Technician
- Proven hands on experience of the operation and maintenance of equipment relevant to the role.
- Practical experience of engine, plant process maintenance and diagnostics
- General engineering and operations experience in a heavy engineering environment.
- City & Guilds (or equivalent) in mechanical engineering
- Full driving License
In return for your hard work as our Major Maintenance Technician, you will receive a competitive salary of between £30,000 and £34,000 per annum as well as an attractive benefits package.
If you have the skills and experience to become our Major Maintenance Technician, we want to hear from you! Click APPLY now to view the full role profile.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.