Laboratory Assistant - Entry Level
7 days left
- Full Time
Laboratory Assistant - Entry Level
Newton Abbot, Devon
Looking to embark on an exciting career as a Laboratory Assistant with a company offering full training, ongoing support and great development opportunities? If so, read on.
British Ceramic Tile is the nation's largest manufacturer of high quality ceramic tiles. We are now looking for a Laboratory Assistant to join our team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to significantly grow your skill-set and play a key role in maintaining our reputation for excellence, quality and world-class products.
- Salary of £17,721 per annum
- Pension scheme
- Health cash back scheme (save £100s on every day healthcare costs)
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised onsite restaurant
- Discounts on products for you, your friends and family
- 6.6 weeks' holiday per year, including a Christmas break
Everyone employed by British Ceramic Tile, whatever their role, has a vital part to play in our ongoing development and success. We actively encourage everyone in our team to contribute their ideas to help us improve and maintain our market-leading status.
You'll join a fast-moving industrialised environment where collaboration is key, so there will never be a dull moment. We'll support you to increase your expertise, pursue your interests and build a career that you can be proud of.
As a Laboratory Assistant, you will collect, inspect and test samples at various stages of the production process to ensure that our products are of the highest standards.
Specifically, you will:
- Perform quality checks and tests on raw materials, part-processed products and final products in our laboratory
- Operate all lab equipment in a safe manner
- Complete environmental checks
- Ensure that products comply with prepared specifications
- Collect and record all test data
- Carry out admin tasks to support the testing process
Whilst no experience is required, to be considered, you will need to be:
- Educated to GCSE level in English and Maths
- IT literate
- Prepared to work a rotating shift pattern of days and nights, including every other weekend
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- A confident communicator with a great eye for detail
Ideally, you'll have experience of working in a production environment, but this is not essential. Previous lab experience would also be an advantage, however, full training will be provided.
We're eager to hear from candidates who have held the title of, or would like to become a, Lab Assistant, Product Testing Assistant, Product Testing Technician, Trainee Laboratory Analyst or Junior Product Tester.
The working hours for this role are 12.25 hour shifts, working 39.37 hours per week on average. The shifts are 6:30 - 18:45 and 18:30 - 6:45.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 28th June, 2017.
Webrecruit and British Ceramic Tile are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you have the passion and dedication to become our Laboratory Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: Average of 39.37 hours per week, working 12.25 hour shifts of 6:30 - 18:45 and 18:30 - 6:45