Apprentice Cadet Chef - Catering Services
Salary: £6,946 [£3.60 per hour] (above average salary for a local employer)
Contract Type: Full Time, 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, Fixed Term from 4/09/2017 until 05/09/2018
Location: Paignton, Devon
Do you want to work for an award winning and IIP Gold Champion employer? Are you a motivated and energetic individual who wants to be part of an exciting and successful team? If the answer is ‘yes’, then South Devon College is the place for you. A south Devon College Apprenticeship lasts 12 months. During which you will earn and learn with practical on-the-job-training, gaining real experience, with real responsibilities to allow you to develop your skills and talents - but don’t worry our experienced team will be on hand to support you all the way. As part of this superb opportunity you will gain formal qualifications and take your first step on the road to success.
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Cadet Chef to join our Catering Services team here at South Devon College. You will be providing kitchen assistance including the production and service of all types of food for both internal and external customers. This will also include general kitchen and cleaning duties. You will undertake an apprenticeship programme which will include on the job training.
The successful candidate will need to hold a Level 1 Food Preparation and Cooking qualification, relevant Food Safety qualification(s) and a Kitchen Health & Safety qualification. We are looking for someone who has good communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and excellent Health & Safety awareness.
Many more reasons to work at South Devon College:
* Above average apprenticeship pay rate.
* Up to 38 days paid leave per year, including Bank Holidays and additional College closure days
* Automatically enrolled into a great pension scheme which the College tops up your contribution with a further 12.5%. – worth £700 per year
* FREE Parking Permit or FREE Stagecoach Bus travel, which can be used year round on alternative routes
* FREE gym membership – saving £120 per year
* Staff discount via the NUS discount Card – covering many high street brands and local eateries.
* Fantastic progression opportunities – including a guaranteed interview for internal vacancies (if essential criteria are met)
Closing Date: Midday, Friday 7th July 2017
Interview Date: Wednesday 12th July 2017
To apply and for a full job description please visit the Jobs page of the South Devon College website.
This College is committed to Safeguarding/Prevent and promoting the welfare of learners, including children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.