UK Finance Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
Title: UK Finance Manager
Position type: Full-time- 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Circa £40,000- £50,000 pa (depending on qualifications and experience)
Responsible to: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Direct reports: Accounts Administrator (TBC)
Location: Plymouth, Devon
- Provide management and oversight of the organisation's Finance function at both an operational/ transactional and managerial level
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the organisations finances
- To be fully conversant with new initiatives, new legislation and modern thinking in all matters relating to the financial management of The Angel Foundation (TAF) and to advise the CFO accordingly (e.g. Charity, Accounting and other).
- To review existing financial procedures/ processes and recommend and implement a more efficient and effective solution when necessary.
- Review all reconciliations across purchase ledger, sales ledger, cash & bank and payroll to ensure accuracy of reconciliations and ledgers
- Maintain the nominal ledger, review to ensure accuracy including control accounts and post journals as necessary.
- Prepare monthly forecast update, primarily by working closely with department heads in forecasting their department's overheads.
- Monitor and manage cash flow.
- Build strong relationships across a dispersed global organisation.
- Help create and promote a positive Finance team culture. Motivate and support individuals and encourage collaboration and integration across teams and the wider organisation
- Statutory financial reporting for audit, in line with SORP regulations including:
- Prepare SORP accounts and arrange audit
- Prepare accounts for any subsidiary accounts
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Preparation of Annual Budget and forecasts
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Receive all purchase invoices and ensure they are appropriately authorised in accordance with the financial procedures
- Make payments of all authorised invoices by BACS or cheque
- Raise all invoices and requests for payment; chase outstanding invoices
- Resolve all supplier enquiries
- Receive all receipts and ensure payments are appropriately allocated
- Create appropriate book keeping entries, create accruals where necessary
- Producing and presenting financial reports including;
- Cash flow forecasting
- Dealing with all elements of VAT, tax and Gift Aid from financial perspective
- Prepare analysis of financial information for monitoring reports when required
- Providing an external interface with banks, auditors and charity finance specialists including;
- Completion & submission of Annual Returns for Charity Commission and Companies House
- Preparation of P11Ds
- Overseeing the preparation & submit Gift Aid claims
- Assist the Head of HR with the outsourced payroll provider, ensure accurate and timely payments
- Assist with the financial aspects of grant applications
- Ensure appropriate backups of financial information are stored off site
- Assist with financial aspects of contract negotiations
- Provide and/or co-ordinate all accounting and taxation services and advice to the charity.
- Provide management, support and development to all teams and team members within their areas of responsibility
- Any other reasonable request made by the Chief Financial Officer or Head of HR
- Work closely with the Head of HR to ensure that staff are engaged and managed effectively
- Lead with integrity, wisdom and organisational insight, whilst ensuring alignment to the global mandate of GOD TV
- To work within the charity's aims and objectives, with clear personal support for the organisation's values and beliefs
TAF is open to a variety of flexible working options and will welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender or ethnic group.
Please download and complete the attached application form, and click apply to visit our website for more information and to send your completed form.