Product Specialist - Chemistry, Immunoassay & Automation
Job Title: Product Specialist - Chemistry, Immunoassay & Automation
Reporting To: Regional Sales Manager
Location: UK & Ireland; successful applicant will cover mainly the south of the UK.
Salary - 35-50K + bonus + benefits
The successful candidate will work within the regional sales team reporting to the Regional Sales Manager for UK South, the candidate will also form part of a National Product Specialist team.
The Product Specialist team works with the UK Diagnostics Sales team in providing solutions primarily to medical laboratories. The Product Specialist would be at the forefront of designing and promoting laboratory solutions to meet customers needs, highlighting and differentiating the benefits that the analysers, processes and assays bring.
The primary product lines make up the typical core technical solutions:
- Clinical chemistry analysers
- Immunoassay analysers
- Nephelometry analysers
- Automation solutions
- Data management solutions
In addition, there will be significant interaction with other product specialists for Automation and Haematology Solutions.
There will be a requirement to work with the marketing team and product managers in supporting new product releases, updates, marketing initiatives and new tests.
The Product Specialist would undertake the following primary functions to drive and support the sales team on a regular basis:
- Uncovering/ discovering customers needs and areas for improvement
- Solution design to meet customer objectives
- Differentiating and demonstrating the analytical and process solutions
- Customer presentations
- Writing Technical responses to the technical specification of the tender
- Contribute to providing 3 rd party solutions
- Assay promotion and menu expansion activities
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you must be results orientated with the determination to succeed within a fast paced and complex environment
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Experience of chemistry and immunoassay testing, ideally gained in a clinical laboratory
- Experience in a commercial sales environment
- Outstanding planning and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience in providing technical responses within a public procurement process
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- An understanding of business management systems including excel, word, PowerPoint. CAD designs would be an advantage
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-motivate and maintain a positive attitude when working with lengthy complex projects
- Experience with LEAN/workflow analysis would be an advantage
- Full clean driving license