Stores & Purchasing Team Leader
We have an excellent opportunity for a Stores & Purchasing Team Leader to join our client’s thriving manufacturing business in Taunton, Somerset.
As Stores & Purchasing Team Leader you will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the stores and purchasing teams.
Your responsibilities as Stores & Purchasing Team Leader will include:
• Line management duties of the Store Team and Purchasing Team
• Generate works order schedules for the stores team
• Prioritise work flow through the stores as required by Operations Director
• Generate and monitor sub-contract FI schedules for completion by the stores team, ensuring that FI Orders are despatched on-time and on a weekly basis
• Ensure adequate resources are available and arrange cover for illness and holiday periods
• Issue Monthly KPI reports
• Run and maintain Sage/Stores reports as required by the Operations Director
• Ensure that the stores area health and safety standards are maintained
• Liaise with suppliers to ensure timely delivery and resolve any disparities in ordering process
• Plan and manage the ordering of stock parts in a timely and efficient manner
• Procure specialist items as required and monitor the availability/supply of future technology products
• Responsible for Technical buying issues or purchasing outside of the MRP procedures
• Ensure that Sales Orders are despatched on time and to the priority given by the internal sales team
• Undertake QA procedures on goods received including measuring metalwork
• Arrange despatches with designated carriers and carry out first order chasing to identify and solve incoming / outgoing carriage problems
• Ensure that the carriage spreadsheet is maintained daily, entering each dispatch that has been sent via a carrier and request POD's (Proof of Delivery) when required by customers
• Support the stores team on a daily basis with goods inwards and goods outwards processes
• Manage stock anomalies (quarantined stock) this includes incorrect or damaged stock
• Organise and manage stock on carrier shelves, bins, racks and drawers
• Manage and participate in continual reconciliation of stock, cycle counting and annual stock take as required
• Raise Purchase Orders and ensure they are in line with the latest supplier agreements and purchasing policies as defined by the ISO Process
• Chase Purchase orders as required and when requested by the Operations Manager
• Identify any problems within the supply chain and issue supplier performance reports
To be successful in your application for the role of Stores & Purchasing Team Leader, you will need to have / be:
• Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
• An in-depth knowledge of performance metrics
• Good PC skills, especially MS Excel
• Good problem-solving skills
• Able to lead by example, motivate and build relationships with the team
• Excellent communication skills
Salary & Hours
As Stores & Purchasing Team Leader you will work 37.5 hours per week from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
There is a salary on offer of £22,000 to £25,000 per annum, depending upon experience, plus 20 days’ holiday (rising to 25 days) and an auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with salary sacrifice option.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Stock control, purchasing, excel, stores, procurement, goods
Apply for Stores & Purchasing Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly